Assault & Battery 1 News
Posted on 8th September 2011
So another fantastic Mercury Music Prize ceremony has passed, and we’re thrilled to be able to congratulatePJ Harvey and her co-producers Flood, John Parish and Mick Harvey on scooping the highly-coveted award for 2011, for their work on PJ’s eighth studio album, Let England Shake, which was also mixed by Flood in Miloco’s Assault & Battery 1 studio.
PJ Harvey is now the most successful artist in the history of the Mercury, which has been running since 1992, with four Mercury nominations and two wins, the first being in 2001 for her seminal Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea. That year, when the ceremony was held on the same day as the 9/11 attacks, she was in America and so not present.
During last night’s acceptance speech she said, “It’s really good to be here this evening, because when I last won 10 years ago I was in Washington DC watching the Pentagon burning from my hotel window. So much has happened since then. This album took me a long time to write. It was very important to me. I wanted to make something meaningful, not just for myself but for other people, and hopefully to make something that would last.”
During the making of Let England Shake, PJ was heavily inspired by the horrors of war, and spent much time researching testimonials given by civilians and soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past decade. The album won by unanimous vote by the panel of Mercury judges.
So please join us in raising a glass to PJ and the team, for a richly-deserved second success at the Mercury. We’d also like to congratulate all the other nominees for their fantastic albums and performances on the night.
Posted on 7th September 2011
The second single from Hard Fi’s latest album, ‘Fire in the House’ looks set to take the Staines indie rockers’ triumphant festival season into the clubs for a late summer blast. The single, which was produced by Stuart Price and mixed by Alan Moulder, features a remix by the legendary Tiesto.
Alan mixed ‘Fire in the House’ in Miloco’s Assault & Battery 1. Released 15th August 2011.
Check out more releases made at Miloco studios by clicking here.
Other Categories of Studios
With a growing portfolio of partner studios all over the globe we have most places covered. Search through this list to find the type you want and if it isn't on here just call us for help.
If you want your studio on the Miloco site, then please email us and we shall get back to you.
- London Recording Studios
- UK Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios
- Mixing Studios
- Tracking Studios
- Brighton Recording Studios
- Writing Studios
- Neve Studios
- SSL Studios
- France Recording Studios
- Italy Recording Studios
- North London Recording Studios
- Orchestral Recording Studios
- Iceland Recording Studios
- Wales Recording Studios
- European Recording Studios
- California Recording Studios
- Recording Studios By Partnership
- Programming Studios
- Greece Recording Studios
- Belgium Recording Studios
- West London Recording Studios
- Bali Recording Studios
- Turkey Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios UK
- East London Recording Studios
- South London Recording Studios
- San Francisco Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios Europe (Non UK)
- Northamptonshire Recording Studios
- South East London Recording Studios
- Austria Recording Studios
- Bangkok Recording Studios
- Thailand Recording Studios
- North West London Recording Studios
- Istanbul Recording Studios
- Online Mastering
- Toulouse Recording Studios
- Spanish Recording Studios
- Shoreditch Recording Studios
- Voice Over Studios
- Liverpool Recording Studios
- Online Mixing
- Birmingham Recording Studios
- Recording Studio Directory