Lightship95 Recording Studio - Overview
Lightship95 is located in Trinity Buoy Wharf to the North East of the Isle of Dogs. This is one of the most iconic stretches of the Thames; The O2 Dome is directly opposite the ship, and the towering financial district of Canary Wharf is slightly to the West. Lightship 95 boasts great panoramic views of the river and the redeveloped London docklands.
The ship is reached via a drawbridge. It is split between two levels: the recreational and living areas on the upper deck, and the recording studio on the lower deck in what used to be the engine room. The ship's engine was ripped out to create the space in which the studio has been built.
In the centre of the lower deck is the live room. It measures 520 sq ft and is naturally lit through a skylight above the drum riser. Ben has designed a fantastic acoustic space which maximises the quality of your recordings. There is a high ceiling, many acoustic panels offering a choice of sonic options, some unique reverb chambers and an isolation booth in one corner. There is also a great choice of backline: guitars and bass guitars by Fender and Gibson, some fantastic amps and pedals, and a Pearl Masters Birch drumkit; plus a good choice of microphones including AKG, Beyer Dynamic, Coles, Sennheiser, Neumann and DPA.
Next to the live space is the control room, which occupies the space where the ship's huge fuel tank used to be. The control room measures 300 sq ft and is daylit via a selection of portholes and skylights. The vintage Calrec console sits beneath the four portholes. It is a fantastic-sounding desk, and is accompanied by a monitor setup including Quested VS3208s and Yamaha NS10s, powered by Hafler amps. There is a Protools HD2 rig with a Lynx Aurora Convertor providing 16 ins and 16 outs, and a selection of outboard. At the back of the control room is a large and comfortable leather sofa, and on the right side of the room is a glass divide providing a clear line of visibility between the control and live rooms.
At the top of the staircase is a saloon / rec room with TV, as well as a galley / kitchen. The upper deck's living spaces are flooded with natural light on two sides. There is also access to the lighthouse which provides a breathtaking view of the London skyline. Outside on the deck, there is a huge amount of space for clients to use on a sunny day... catch the rays, light a barbecue and enjoy the amazing river views...
Other Categories of Studios
With a growing portfolio of partner studios all over the globe we have most places covered. Search through this list to find the type you want and if it isn't on here just call us for help.
If you want your studio on the Miloco site, then please email us and we shall get back to you.
- London Recording Studios
- UK Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios
- Mixing Studios
- Tracking Studios
- Brighton Recording Studios
- Writing Studios
- Neve Studios
- SSL Studios
- France Recording Studios
- Italy Recording Studios
- North London Recording Studios
- Orchestral Recording Studios
- Wales Recording Studios
- Iceland Recording Studios
- California Recording Studios
- Recording Studios By Partnership
- Programming Studios
- Belgium Recording Studios
- Greece Recording Studios
- West London Recording Studios
- Bali Recording Studios
- Turkey Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios UK
- East London Recording Studios
- San Francisco Recording Studios
- South London Recording Studios
- Northamptonshire Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios Europe (Non UK)
- South East London Recording Studios
- Austria Recording Studios
- European Recording Studios
- Bangkok Recording Studios
- Thailand Recording Studios
- North West London Recording Studios
- Istanbul Recording Studios
- Online Mastering
- Toulouse Recording Studios
- Shoreditch Recording Studios
- Spanish Recording Studios
- Voice Over Studios
- Liverpool Recording Studios
- Online Mixing