It is now easy, cost effective and quick to replace a generic loop with an organic and tailor-made drum track.
Great sounding live drums without the hassle
Samples these days are superb, but there is nothing like having real drums on a track. Although so much recording and composing can be done at home, putting live drums on a track or TV theme usually involves going into a proper studio. Sometimes the budget doesn't allow for this, and sometimes deadlines can be so tight that there just isn't time.
To get round this Tim has got his own studio in South East London dedicated to recording drums.
If you're on a tight schedule or up against a deadline, he can even do the session without you there, whilst you carry on working on the rest of the track somewhere else.
You can be provided with upto 16 tracks of drums in virtually any format you like... SDii, Wav or AIFF. They'll be 24 bit and master quality, even if you're just doing a demo. Alternatively, if lots of separate tracks seems over-whelming, you can simply ask for stereo bounces.
The advantages are huge. Because everything is always set up, there is no time wasted getting a sound up, and because there is a lot of gear in the studio, there are loads of options for picking individual drums... snares, kicks and toms... cymbals... whatever... to get you the sound you want. You've got access to far more equipment than Tim could bring to any individual session. There is also a good selection of mics and outboard too. If you're not quite sure what you're looking for then Tim will be happy to talk things through and make suggestions and you can have as much input as you want... though of course he's equally at home following your lead.
You can either pop round with your hard drive and load up the files to be drummed to, or upload them remotely. Tim normally tries a few things and then sends you an mp3 which you can discuss before going for takes. When he has enough ideas you'll be sent a few takes, so will have some editing possibilities if deemed necessary. He will always try to give you some options sound-wise and performance wise, especially if the track is in its early stages. He'll also talk you through which channels to use depending on what sound you're going for as, although you may be sent 16 separate tracks, sonically the kit can sound better using just some of these... it's up to you.
Other Categories of Studios
With a growing portfolio of partner studios all over the globe we have most places covered. Search through this list to find the type you want and if it isn't on here just call us for help.
If you want your studio on the Miloco site, then please email us and we shall get back to you.
- London Recording Studios
- UK Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios
- Mixing Studios
- Tracking Studios
- Brighton Recording Studios
- Writing Studios
- Neve Studios
- SSL Studios
- France Recording Studios
- Italy Recording Studios
- North London Recording Studios
- Orchestral Recording Studios
- Wales Recording Studios
- Iceland Recording Studios
- Recording Studios By Partnership
- California Recording Studios
- Programming Studios
- Belgium Recording Studios
- Greece Recording Studios
- West London Recording Studios
- Bali Recording Studios
- Turkey Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios UK
- East London Recording Studios
- San Francisco Recording Studios
- South London Recording Studios
- Residential Recording Studios Europe (Non UK)
- Northamptonshire Recording Studios
- South East London Recording Studios
- Austria Recording Studios
- European Recording Studios
- Bangkok Recording Studios
- Thailand Recording Studios
- North West London Recording Studios
- Istanbul Recording Studios
- Online Mastering
- Toulouse Recording Studios
- Shoreditch Recording Studios
- Spanish Recording Studios
- Voice Over Studios
- Liverpool Recording Studios
- Online Mixing